About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Saturday 12 May 2007

200 years must mean something.

Everyone has heard of Tooley's Boatyard, haven't they? Anyone passing through Banbury cannot miss it. The canal narrows at the entrance to the dry dock and Rosamund the Fair- Oxfordshire's cruising restaurant gets in the way of the lift bridge when single handed boaters attempt to stop on the operating side of the canal.

Well, if it was good enough to be in continuous operation for 200 years, it's good enough for me. Being my local boatyard and being a firm believer in supporting the local canal trades (use them or lose them!), it was an easy decision to have Sonflower's bottom blacked here. We did enquire at a dry dock on the GU near Milton Keynes but the price was about the same and the distances involved did not make any sense.

So, on Monday morning, Sonflower is heading for a wash and brush up.

I'll keep you up to date.

No comments: