About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Monday 5 May 2008

Celebration Ale


Having said that you may be fed up with Hook Norton Ales I have just poured myself one. Thus is a bit special being The Banbury 400 ale. I introduced it to friends from the BCF recently in the course of a little talk bout Banbury's history. Banbarians find many things to celebrate and this year is the 400th anniversary of a Charter by King James in 1608 that gave Banbury the priviledge of punishing drunkards. So what better to celebrate it with than an Ale! But only one or two please, landlord.

This celebration Ale is available from the cask in the Reindeer Inn, Parsons Street or in bottles from Simply Drinks, in High Street near the Banbury Cross.

No comments: