About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Thursday 11 September 2008

Keeping up the pace

SONFLOWER is making fantastic progress and behaving well.

Last night she was at Radford Semele after "a fantastic day". They had sunshine and pleasant boating from Marston Doles: 13 miles and 31 locks.

There are stoppages ahead for gate renewal at Lapworth Bottom Lock 27 on the Stratford-upon-Avon Canal but the rain this morning makes it improbable that they will get that far today. A partner boat is needed to ascend the 21 of Hatton Flight in quick time. And who wants to do a flight in the rain!

No comments: