About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Wasted Effort

I made the journey.

Just a short Cruise to Sovereign Narrowboats as mentioned in the last post. Past NB No Problem (No-one aboard)

As SONFLOWER approached at a snail's pace, the sign "CLOSED" came into view. I checked the time: 1430. Perhaps the lunch "hour" had been extended? The owner's Jaguuaaar was parked in the car park so I thought there may still be someone around. NB William the Conqueror was not open so they were not aboard.

I started to position myself for a slow turn. (This is NOT really a turning spot but I have turned here many times before). The boatwoman on NB Blue Horizon came to the well deck to see what was going on. She confirmed that "he locked up and has left". Oops, I am now turning for nothing! "We are an aluminium boat you know", she said. "I will take care and put the bow against the opposite bank and pull her round with the bow line", I said. So that is what I did.

I stopped on the wharf. Then I noticed a notice: "SORRY CLOSED WEDNESDAY PM".

I left and returned to home mooring.

I will be back down tomorrow afternoon. In reverse!

No comments: