About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Getting Ready

I visited the boat today.

I have a visit to Tooley's Dry Dock booked for 6th to 9th March.

SONFLOWER is thirty years old so has to have an "out of the water" hull survey every five years for the Insurance Company. She will also be blacked.

As she has lain idle for so long I wanted to make sure she will start! Batteries are at 12.4v. A little low but acceptable.

The cruising season will so soon be upon us and it was so good to be along the towpath chatting to boaters who are already on the move. Some said they have not stopped this winter because ot has been so warm. Another confessed that he had had four weeks in Greece! He had overstayed on teh 14 day moorings! Good luck to him.

No comments: