About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Sunday 25 July 2021

"Overstaying" again!

 Sonflower lies in Cambrian Wharf. 

Cambrian Wharf looks like a long term mooring. There are ten berths on finger moorings, surrounded by a fence that has a gate on which dangles a padlock, "operated" by a BW key. Except it isn't. The lock is rusted in the locked closed position and the mooring site apparently is a visitor mooring with four residential moorings. So the vacant finger mooring that we moored on thinking we had permission to use under condition 4.10 of the Revised Standard Mooring Agreement Terms and Conditions- April 2021 which states  "4.10 When cruising away from the Mooring Site you may temporarily use any vacant mooring spaces available at any other mooring site managed by us with our prior written consent. You must remove your Boat from any such temporary mooring it occupies when we ask you to do so." is not a vacant mooring.

I had written to CRT local customer support officer giving my understanding of the situation but received a "keep moving" email: a gentle reminder that the boat had been in one area for more than 14 days. I had a very nice conversation with Customer Support  giving my understanding and explaining that I had personal problems at home that required me to curtail our cruise and leave the boat for a period of time. I was very pleased to get confirmation that an "overstay" would be approved.

                                                                         Going nowhere: 0 miles   0 locks  0 hours

 

No comments: