About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Monday 12 November 2012

BIG day tomorrow

This is to warn you all that we are on the move. Yes, tomorrow is the first of the Winter Pump Out Days! Since the local wharf where we usually pump out the toilet tank is on Winter Holiday How is the skiing going, Ray?) we have had to make alternative arrangements. A local moorer has come to our aid. Tomorrow is his pump out day and he has told us we can catch a tow on their coat tails and use their equipment at the local facilities. We pump out on the near side. The facilities are on the off side so we have to do "the water run" in reverse, if you know what I mean. We need to go through the lift bridge and lock, up to Calthorpe (Tramway or Bankside) Winding Hole and turn to present ourselves, near side on, at the Facilities. I hope to take pictures of the whole of the proceedings to let you all know the complications of being a CaRT towpath moorer in winter. Early start tomorrow. But the engine will warm the shower water as we go!

No comments: