About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Friday 1 May 2009

Arrived

We got there.

After 128 miles 111 locks 5 moveable bridges in 66 hours of cruising we arrived at Paddington Basin at noon on Thursday.

A very successful and enjoyable cruise. A little faster than we would have liked but necessary to enable me to return to Banbury for the family, chair a meeting of the Full Governing Body and see my Mum.

In the basin everybody seemed very bouyant. Boats are moored with stickers in the window indicating that they are waiting for the Cavalcade. Boats of every description from 40ft Springers to 72ft boats and butties. They are all seem to be looking their best.

We have a lot to do before SONFLOWER looks her best. Brass to clean, paint to wash, windows to polish. We now have a few scratches. After passing 222 gates I am not really surprised!

No comments: