About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Thursday 7 May 2009

Dog tired

I could not blog yesterday evening because we were very tired.

Having left Willowtree on the Paddington Arm before seven in the morning we navigated the eleven locks down to the Thames Lock at Brentford in very good time to get there before opening time of 1200h.

We joined nb Crystal Haze in the Guaging lock and then shared the Thames lock with her. As we left the lock I pointed out a large sheet of sonething in the water. They did not take enpugh notice of my warning andd got it on their prop. I towed them back to the lock to attend to clearing it and set off up the Tideway on our own. The wind was strong and the waves were significant. The wash form a PLA craft was even more significant putting spray from teh boaw as we hit it overthe roof level of SONFLOWER.

In the end all was well and we gotto Teddington in just over an hour.

We lunched on moorings beside Kinston Bridge and then went on to the suggested mooring at Desborough Cut. This was not a nice spot and we moored on Environment Agency visitopr moorings at teh mouth ofthe River Wey.

I visited an old friend who lives nearby after dinner on board.

Being Very Tired I fell into bed and slpet until morning and the singing thrush. A very good day. 24 miles 16 locks today.

No comments: