About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Sunday 3 May 2009

An Interesting Day

It atarted with the Boaters Sunday Service. Not many turned up for the Church Army led worship and celebration service. However, we had a good time together with many 'modern' songs rather than traditional hymns. If was refreshing.

The crowds began to gather around midday and we had a stream of people to chat to and who came to enquire about boating and boat life and Christianity. I am always amazed by the number of people who don't think we have toilets and a bathroom!

This afternoon I had a very pleasant conversation with Eric C Bartholomew who is here to promate his latest book, a novel, titled Distant Horizons. This is a story based on the true events in the life of a family on the Indian subcontinent. It proves to be a page turner as the Best Mate cannot put it down.

The author is a very interesting man who left a trade to travel and write.Firstly in a caravan and lately he has a narrowboat He puts a wealth of experience as a genuine adventurer into the writing.

I look forward to another chat with him tomorrow in between his book signing.

No comments: