About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Monday 19 November 2012

Keeping warm

With Dusty the Coal man a week away and the nights getting very frosty I have to supplement the coal with a few logs.,Br>
Having taken my younger son's keyboard and amp to his band practice (I won't let him carry them through town to school along with his school bag!) I dropped into the local farm shop to pick up some fire lighters, sticks and logs. I don't want to be one who always thinks that it was better in the "good old days" but newspaper really does not burn as well as it used to. More often than not I need a fire lighter to light the newspaper!

I didn't think that £9.00 was a bad bill.

No comments: