We started to winterize the boat this morning. The weather forecast is beginning to come true and it looks like we will have snow this weekend followed by cold weather for a week or two.
We will not be on the boat. So I need to take some precautions.
I have: 1) checked the engine antifreeze
2) Morco water heater: drained element and the hot water system to tap level leaving the taps open. The heater element is wrapped in a towel to keep it cosy.
3) Domestic Water Pump: switched off the and opened the cold water taps
4) drained the shower head and opened the mixer valve
5) stripped the bedding and put it safe in lockers. Pillows in plastic bags.
6) removed the chimney and put a lid on the flue pipe.
7) cleaned out the fire and blacked the stove.
Have I forgotten anything?
1 day ago