About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Thursday 16 May 2013

Backwards to go forwards

SONFLOWER navigated about 3/8 of a mile today. From the mooring at Marsh Footbridge No 163 to the mooring at Marsh Footbridge No 163 via the winding point at Grimsbury Arm.

The purpose of this unusual journey?

SONFLOWER is going to the Crick Boat Show and that means going North. She needed to point in the opposite direction to how she is normally moored. A little over a quarter of a mile backwards saves two miles, two lift bridge operations and two locks! That's about two hours cruising forwards!

No comments: