About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Thursday 6 June 2013

Back in the swing of it.

Yes I reversed the three hundred and twenty yards to Sovereign Wharf.

There I took on 101 litres of Diesel @85p plus tax and 13kg of Calor Propane. Thus, including a donation of over £20 to the HMRC (which is about as much as Vodaphone have today if the press is to be believed)I passed £127.37 over the counter.

The chat was long and good. We put the world to rights before the skipper of NB Genie came in to rub a new lamp and get 5 litres of BLOO!

On the way back I stopped to chat to NB No Problem face to face rather than through a blog or twitter! They were worried because there had been talk of diesel bug from Sovereign Diesel. I went back and asked Ray straight out. He confirmed that they have NEVER had diesel bug because of his high turnover and new plastic tank. He did say that the jury is out in the effect of the 7% biofuel that has been added to the diesel this year on the orders if the EC.

Then back to the mooring. 1/3 mile and 0 locks in 1.5hours

No comments: