About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Thursday 10 October 2013

Back again!

Yes, the sun rose and so did I.

I seized the day and backed SONFLOWER from Tom Rolt Bridge to her home mooring, 20 yards north of Marsh Footbridge No 163.

According to Nick's Canal Planner this is a distance of  515 yards. Forwards it would take 10 minutes. Backwards it took me 40 minutes. Only one boat was navigating toward me. I stopped for him to pass and he offered to let me go ahead. He hadn't realised I was going backwards!

I didn't hit another boat as far as I am aware. I was very close to one though and had to use the long shaft to push away from the bank!

No comments: