About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Monday 3 February 2014

Smoke Detector; A thank you

The smoke detector operated on Saturday lunch time and I reported to my guests "it is real!" I  had turned the chicken and meat sauces up high instead of turning it down!

The place is filled with smoke again today! French bread toast for croutons in the squash and sweetcorn soup were a little "over cooked"!

The reason for all this is because the BEST MATE is not very well and so the cooking is all down to me. I think that I am a little distracted at times and not quite concentrating on the task in hand. It is at these times that I realise how much I depend on her. When one of us is not functioning properly it is very evident in the results.

Thank goodness I have a smoke detector to tell me when things are cooked.

No comments: