About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Monday 26 May 2008

Twenty Questions

Granny Buttons is recording all the bloggers who are doing the "Twenty Questions Game" and listing the Twenty Answerers

I thought I would join in so here goes. . .. .


1. My favorite canal is the South Oxford. I never get bored with the rural meandering and marvel at the surveying that enabled James Brindley to build it. It is also home!

2. The least favorite canal is the Birmingham and Worcester north of Kings Norton Junction.

3. The Best Mate

4. The last book I read was "The Pheasants Revolt" by Brian Viner. Very funny stories of life in the country. The last waterway book was "Ramlin Rose" by Sheila Stewart, a heart rending composite life story of the wife of a "Number One".

5. Just after dawn. Bird song, mist and the anticipation of the sunrise.

6. People who rush to make the bridge hole when it is obvious you were closer to it! It would be better if we both stopped to give way.

7. During the Industrial Revolution when engineers seem to have respect and trust to achieve phenominal things.

8. I have never fallen in. I have got my leg wet but not yet become totally detached from the boat.

9. An aircraft engine designer.

10. If I didn't have narrowboating I'd ......be stressed out and working 12 hours a day!

11. Narrowboaters are a friendly group of people who respect their environment and community.

12. A game with the children and a bottle of wine with Best Mate.

13. The waterways need looking after as part of the national heritage.

14. Can you get a moorings policy based on boater's needs, please?

15. Windows, new double glazed ones please!

16. Pumpout.

17. Canals: rivers scare me. Having been cast adrift on the Wey, the gentlest of rivers, by exuberant youths I dread the prospect of waking up across a weir.

18. As my birthday is mid summer, I will be cruising somewhere.

19. Seven wonderful children, five of which have chosen wonderful partners.

20. 20-20 foresight. SO many people have 20-20 hindsight.

No comments: