About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Friday 26 September 2008

Preparing for winter


The Met Office says that the winter will be mild. Not as mild as last year but not a hard one. Nevertheless. We are sure to get rain at some point and fog and frost and all the other weather types that degrade the boat.

So now, while the sun shines it is time to put a bit of paint on the boat to cover up those rusty bits where the boat has seen the wear and tear of a good cruising year.

The boat is booked into Tooley's Yard for a full repaint next spring so I have decided to go for the cheap and least time consuming option of a quick coat of Hammerite Smooth Dark Green paint over the gunwales and patching in the rest of the superstructure.

The cost of this little lot about Thirty Quid, including a new wire brush, roller and tray!

Must turn the boat round now to paint the other side before the sun goes in.

No comments: