About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Thursday 19 February 2009

We're going boating!

We are off to visit our good friends who live in Portsmouth.

They have had a bit of a fire in their home. A lodger's cigarette lighter mal-functioned causing a conflagration in his bedroom and smoke damage to the remainder of the house. They cannot put us up in the house. We suggested a weekend in the local Hilton Hotel but they suggested that we go on their 43 foot sailing cruiser.

As we are suckers for the wet stuff under us their was no contest. The sharp end is going to be a bit sharper and the beam is a bit wider ( a luxurious eight feet or so). The only drawback as far as I can see is that it is winter and the water goes up and down all the time!

So SONFLOWER's crew are going to be sailors for the weekend. I am not sure we will get a trip round the marina or Portsmouth harbour but I will try to get some photos.

No comments: