About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Misfortune

It is not often that we find a boat in distress on our moorings.

This poor boat was towed from near Harwick Lock and left here to pole themselves the rest of the way into town for Tooley's Boatyard to look at their failed engine. Tooley's were too busy to come out and pull the the boat themselves. A passing boater helped them as far as he could.

Unfortunately we could not help any further even though we wanted to.

I did see them with the mechanic on board under Tom Rolt Bridge yesterday so, hopefully, they will soon be sorted.

It emphasised to me that the subscription to River Canal rescue is worthwhile insurance. I would not want myself or anyone boating in Sonflower to have to pole the boat miles to get attention.

No comments: