About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Sunday 16 June 2024

BCNS Explorer Cruise Day 2

We left our mooring at about 7.15 and took on water in Brownhills. The services here are excellent.

The itinery did not include the Anglesey Arm  but as we had time we took the diversion up to

 Anglesea Basin where we moored for an hour and took in the views of the reservoir and the peace of the country park. After breakfast we continued an uneventful trip to Longwood Boat Club at the top of Rushall Locks. (See the photi above)

Along the bank there were pat hes of lovely purple flowers that looked like orchids. 
There were loads of them which makes me think they aren't!

After a bit of jiggling to moor bankside, we chatted with the other boaters over a glass of wine in  the afternoon sunshine and had a fish and chip supper later.

The Best Mate has been busy today with boatwork and I have put some sealant on the houdini hatch and a couple of windows to see whether I can keep the thundery showers outside the boat.

14.1/2 miles O locks 7.1/2 hours

No comments: