About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Friday 31 October 2008

Change all round

Pooh wants to be known as Tigger from now on. He is grown up and I must agree with him. He is sort of bouncie at the moment.

We have just visited Devon for a few days. We atayed in a verty nice hotel, The Thorveton Arms, a few miles north of Exeter. This gave us a base to visit friends and family dotted around Exeter and as far south as Ivybridge. I just love Devon in Autumn colouring, but this week we had a surprise from the weather. The north wind doth blow and we shall have . . . hail and heavy rain! This gave rise to local flash flooding. I saw how quickly the River Exe rose and overflowed its banks and felt very sorry for those around Ottery who experienced the worst flooding of this round.

Activities such as bird watching and moorland walking were curtailed for lack of warm enough clothing to keep out the north winds.

We did have a fleeting visit to the Grand Western Canal just to remind us of where we really should have been and retreated to South wales for this weekend.

No comments: