About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Wednesday 22 October 2008

There's many a slip. . . .


Here is my new laptop perched on an armchair while I went to fetch a cup of coffee. Unfortunately, returning to the chair I splibbed a little of the coffee on the keyboard. Remembering that The Best Mate's laptop died from red wine poisoning of the mother board in a similar incident, I rushed for the tissues turned the machine over and drained out all I could before then carefully drying between every key with a piece of kitchen roll folded around a credit card.

Fortunately all is well but it could have been very costly.

I do not envy Granny Buttons the task of finding a new lap top following his laptop screen failure. Our laptops become a part of us these days and it took me ages to decide on which one to get to replace my Sony Vaio with a 10" screen. I have gone wide screen and kept with the Vaio to take advantage of the carbon fibre body construction which will take the knocks it might get falling off the table when doing some heavy handed lock entry! It survives a drip or two of coffee as well!

No comments: