About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Thursday 24 July 2008

Here it is!


Yes! A bollard. But not just any old bollard. This is one of the new one's fitted on the ladder side of every narrow lock.

At the Customer Meeting with Robin Evans, the subject was one of the first raised. How can so much be said about a smallish piece of foundry ware? The shape is wrong, the positions are wrong, they are too far back or too near the end. All sorts of opinions were shared. And BW cannot make it mandatory to use them.

Yesterday, at Claydon Middle lock a single handed boater was working up the flight and I noticed he had secured his rope around the ladder! It will take will take two hundred years to change the habit of 200 years!

No comments: