About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Saturday 26 July 2008

Two little jobs.

There is always something to do. During the lunch break today I fixed a bracket for the air horn. I have meant to do it for ages. For five years the air horn has been rolling around the deck and not exactly where it is needed, within reach of the helmsman. Now it is!

Also, the adjustable windlass -a real asset on locks like Hilmorton with heavy top paddles and hydraulic gate paddles close to the balance beam on the bottom gate- has needed new rivets that act as stops.
These drilling jobs were completed with a hand drill and a pop riveter and became the cause of a blister on my thumb.

Here are the items and proof of the damage.


All go aaahh, please.

No comments: