About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Friday 10 April 2009

The last straw


Here is Tooley's man with his head in the gas locker. He is welding a patch into the bottom with a drain attached that will vent to the outside of the boat.

When he struck up an arc, the engine bay filled with smoke showing me how serious a problem we had.

As he took breather from his work he quipped "That proves it. Mason's paint isn't heat proof!'

I think we knew that! It is a great pity this little job wasn't done at the start of the job. But at least we have a safe boat. That is the important thing.

No comments: