About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Monday 16 March 2009

A bit of a tough day.

The Best Mate was unwell this morning. After a restless night she felt very queezy. We left her in bed this morning while we went to church. I had the priviledge of taking the children's group that she had prepared to teach. Five adorable lively youngsters aged between 5 and 8. All with differing needs and attention span.

We had fun together learning from Jesus' parables of the mustard seed and the yeast. An hour with them reminded me how tired I get these days and how much energy they have.

We cooked bacon and eggs, mushrooms and potato wedges for lunch. Very typical boy food. We filled up with bread and butter and hot cross buns.

I took a siesta after taking Tigger to Respite house and hearing that Chelsea had scraped a 1-0 win against ManCity. During my nap, the Best Mate surfaced to prepare tea of salad and cheese tacos and salsa.

We enjoyed Piglet's choice of Sister Act on the big screen and then there was nothing left to do but go to bed.

But I am sleepless. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I was wondering if you'd like to exchange links with me?
If yes, please leave your blog url as a comment at:
http://www.boating-equipment.org or e-mail me on webmaster at boating-equipment.org.
Thanks, Felipe